Over the last few years, virtual events have been increasing in popularity. However, to most people who have not attended one, they remain a bit of a mystery. When the COVID-19 outbreak hit, industry events were forced to make some uncomfortable, yet necessary changes. Instead of cancelling events, many show organizers moved their conferences to a virtual platform. The fact is, trade shows are perfect candidates for virtualization! So, although we will miss meeting with you in person, we are trying to look on the bright side and have an open mind to some of the benefits of a virtual trade show.
9 Benefits of a Virtual NAEC 2020 Trade Show over In Person Trade Show
1. You can Photoshop and/or filter staff pictures, as necessary.
2. No airport check-in at the over-sized luggage counter.
3. And no wait time for the last bag to come off the plane.
4. Healthier lunch options over the convention center “food” court.
5. Parking is cheaper than convention center shakedown rates.
6. No overpriced rentals (that are cheaper to buy at Costco and leave behind) to furnish the trade show booth.
7. Fewer awkward moments of re-connection from prospects who ghosted you.
8. Easier to stalk competitors.
9. Easier to let down colleagues who were hoping for a free trip to Houston.
All joking aside, we are very excited to be exhibiting at the United 2020 virtual show. We are expecting it will offer the content, networking, and product information of a traditional in-person expo with the added convenience of access on your own time and from anywhere in the world.
Hope to "see" you at the show!