Every month, we interview a new team member and offer insight into their day-to-day, hobbies, and more.
This month we interviewed Jonathan Bowman, Consultative Sales/Account Manager at FIELDBOSS who works out of Virginia, USA.
1. What do you love most about working at FIELDBOSS & how long have you been here?
I joined the FIELDBOSS team in May 2021. One thing I love about working in sales here is that I get to help people. The moment when a prospective client articulates how they see our consulting and software will modernize their business is probably my favorite part of the sales cycle. I also really enjoy working with such a highly skilled team of senior consultants and developers who genuinely desire to help contractors in significant and meaningful ways.
2. What did you do before you worked at FIELDBOSS?
I previously worked with another company focused on providing software solutions for the elevator industry. Ultimately, I felt that the vision at FIELDBOSS was better aligned with the future of the Elevator Industry, and I was excited for the opportunity to help HVAC contractors as well.
3. What do you like to do when you aren’t working? What do you do in your spare time, any hobbies?
My wife and I both love to cook (and eat), and a big part of that is sourcing our meat. I hunt whatever is in season about 2-3 times each week. Turkey hunting is probably my favorite, followed by waterfowl and deer.
4. What is on your bucket list?
It is a dream of mine to complete the National Wild Turkey Federation Grand Slam — Successfully harvest all four U.S. Subspecies (Eastern, Osceola or Florida, Rio Grande and Merriam’s)
5. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
Work as a chef in a Michelin star awarded farm to table restaurant.
6. What cities have you lived in? Which has been your favourite?
Sacramento, California (first five years of my life), then Woodbridge in northern Virginia, then finally Amelia County (outside of Richmond, Virginia) where I live next to everything I love to do. There are only 13,000 people in the entire county.
7. What have you always wanted to try but never have?
Fly fishing for salmon in a river.
8. What TV shows/music/apps/Podcasts are you currently obsessed with right now?
Anything crime/thriller genre. I have been re-watching The Wire (one of my all time favorites), and recently just finished the Sopranos for the first time.
9. What is your favorite place that you have visited and where is your next dream vacation spot?
My wife and I visited Scotland for two weeks a few years ago and absolutely loved it. It’s an amazing place, and even more so if you love peated whisky. A high-end lodge in Montana is probably my dream vacation spot!
Stay tuned for more Employee Spotlights to learn about the Rimrock/FIELDBOSS team!