Here’s are 3 updates you need to know:
- New functionality in DOB NOW: Safety to allow for the filing of Category 5 Inspection/Test Reports if it has been more than six years since the last filing. These Category 5 Inspection/Test Report filings are required to be submitted in DOB NOW: Safety at www.nyc.gov/dobnow by March 31, 2019
- DOB NOW: Safety will not accept an inspection date that is older than one year of the filing date. For example, if a filing is submitted on January 15, 2019, the oldest inspection date that can be entered is January 15, 2018.
- This is an update to Follow-up #4: Elevator Compliance Filings Service Notice that states filings submitted until March 31, 2019 in DOB NOW: Safety will not be charged late fees.
- If the required report is not filed by March 31, 2019, the device will be subject to a violation for failure to file as per 1 RCNY§103-02.
- For issues submitting an elevator compliance filing in DOB NOW: Safety (including device not found) please use the DOB NOW Help Form at www.nyc.gov/dobnowhelp and provide the specific device number and the type of report you are attempting to file (CAT1, CAT5, or AOC).
- Please also note that submitting reports is different than performing inspections – while reports can be submitted through the date as listed above, 2018 inspections cannot be performed in 2019.
- To accommodate circumstances where Appendix K, Table N1 of the NYC Building Code allows for the completion of an Elevator Inspection/Test Report (ELV3) without a Witnessing Agency, the following question will be added to DOB NOW: Safety on November 21, 2018:
- Does NYC Building Code Appendix K, Table N1 allow all of the inspection(s) and/or test(s) referenced in this submission to be completed without a witnessing agency? Yes No
- −If ‘Yes’ is selected, the fields for Witnessing Agency Director and Witnessing Agency Inspector will not appear for completion or signature.
−If ‘No’ is selected, the fields for Witnessing Agency Director and Witnessing Agency Inspector must be completed and electronically signed.
- NOTE: The above question will apply to all Elevator Inspections/Tests in a particular filing. Elevator Inspections/Tests that include a Witnessing Agency cannot be filed in the same submission as Elevator Inspections/Tests that do not include a Witnessing Agency.
- The deadline for resubmissions is extended to June 30, 2019 for ‘rejected’ Elevator Inspection/Test Reports (ELV3) and Affirmation of Correction (ELV29) filings for 2017 and prior year reporting cycles.
- After this date, violations for Failure to File and Failure to File Affirmation of Correction for these cycles will not be dismissed upon resubmission.