On March 16th, Microsoft announced it’s latest AI-powered service, Microsoft Copilot.
What is Microsoft Copilot?
Microsoft 365 Copilot is an AI (artificial intelligence)-powered assistant. This virtual assistant is designed to integrate with your most used apps in the Microsoft suite and will reduce the time spent on tedious tasks, enabling your team to spend more time on the tasks that matter. What sets Copilot apart is that it’s the world’s first AI tool natively integrated with both Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications.
In a nutshell, it uses AI to make you “more creative in word, more analytical in excel, more expressive in PowerPoint, more productive in outlook and more collaborative in teams”.
How Does it Work?
The Copilot system harnesses the power of information via the Microsoft Graph and large language models (LLMs). Copilot is more than just providing a GPT-4 chatbot in your Office apps. For example, Microsoft demonstrated how Copilot can analyze sales information in an Excel spreadsheet and identify key trends. It can go even deeper and pull more detailed information in a table or graph on a new sheet. That’s a game changer, especially if your Excel skills are limited. Microsoft pointed out that “Most people use no more than ten percent of what PowerPoint can do. Copilot unlocks the other ninety percent.’ And that applies across the board with Microsoft’s productivity apps. According to Microsoft:
- Copilot in Word writes, edits, summarizes and creates right alongside people as they work.
- Copilot in PowerPoint enables the creation process by turning ideas into a designed presentation through natural language commands.
- Copilot in Excel helps unlock insights, identify trends or create professional-looking data visualizations in a fraction of the time.
- Copilot in Outlook can help synthesize and manage the inbox to allow more time to be spent on actually communicating.
- Copilot in Teams makes meetings more productive with real-time summaries and action items directly in the context of the conversation.
- Copilot in the Power Platform will help developers of all skill levels accelerate and streamline development with low-code tools.
- Business Chat brings together data from across documents, presentations, email, calendar, notes and contacts to help summarize chats, write emails, find key dates or even write a plan based on other project files.
Is Microsoft Copilot Secure?
Copilot is built on Microsoft’s comprehensive approach to security, compliance and privacy. Copilot is integrated into Microsoft 365 and automatically inherits all your company’s valuable security, compliance, and privacy policies and processes. Two-factor authentication, compliance boundaries, privacy protections, and more make Copilot the AI solution you can trust.
Microsoft 365 Copilot Availability
There was no exact date given as to when Copilot would be made available but Microsoft has said that Copilot will be released in Microsoft 365 apps during the months ahead starting with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Viva, Power Platform, and more. For now, Microsoft has opened up the new Microsoft 365 Copilot to only a small selection of clients.
Drive Productivity With Microsoft Copilot and FIELDBOSS
Your team will become productivity machines! Because FIELDBOSS is built within Microsoft Dynamics 365 and utilizes all the Microsoft Apps, you will be able to drive productivity with Microsoft copilot and FIELDBOSS and streamline your processes even further.
By incorporating Microsoft 365 Copilot, FIELDBOSS users can optimize their field service business operations and transform how they work. With the power of AI assistance, you can accomplish more in less time, drive productivity and collaboration, and achieve better business outcomes. It’s time to revolutionize your field service business with Microsoft 365 Copilot and FIELDBOSS.