Elevator World Inc. sent out a Global Elevator Industry Survey to their members this past July inquiring about the current state of their elevator companies considering the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The survey was meant to broaden the elevator industry’s awareness of the current and near future global elevator industry market trends.
Question 1 Results: Overall industry’s economical situation in the last three months is skewed towards challenging current situation.
- 34% answering bad
- 26% good
- 40% neutral
Question 2 Results: Overall, the industry is net cautious in regards to the economical situation for the next 6 months.
- 29% expect unfavourable development over next six months
- 19% expect favourable
- 52% expect stable
Below is a summary of PMI-like Diffusion Index calculation indicating current situation and outlook.
Question 3 Results
- As expected, COVID-related restrictions are the main factor.
- Next is economic uncertainty and insufficient demand.
- The least limiting is uncertainty over regulations and shortages of materials or equipment.
Question 4: How do you expect your firm’s total employment to change over the next3 months? It will…
Question 4 Results:
- Europe and North America expect to maintain existing levels of employment
- 30% of responses in Asia Pacific expect a net decrease
Please find the link to the Global Elevators Industry Survey – Inaugural July 2020 Edition survey here. https://mcusercontent.com/efa5208d2eec85cffc0841ed8/files/29a57b9b-8748-454f-a1bf-b70101efb63e/Global_Elevator_Survey_July_2020_write_up.pdf