FIELDBOSS Mobile is powered by resco.net, the industry leading mobile solution for Microsoft partners worldwide.
Sharing is caring! This is especially true when it comes to valuable insight, expertise, and knowledge.
With a large exodus of talent from the field service industry and a shortage of skilled labour, it is more crucial than ever to provide comprehensive access to valuable information and know-how. Knowledge management, as described by Gartner, is “the formalized management of intellectual assets, enabling effective action through their use… which encourages a collaborative and integrative approach to the creation, capture, organization, and use of intellectual assets.”
The Resco Guides feature was designed with collaboration and integration in mind to help rectify a fundamental problem in the contracting world – the knowledge gap.
There continues to be a strong issue with accessibility of information in the field:
- There is tribal knowledge in the heads of the seniors
- Critical information is not centralized and is difficult to find
- Available information is not digitized, or searchable
- Information is text heavy and take too long to read
- Inefficient use of resources
- Safety issues
- Loss of customers
What type of information do field technicians want access to?
When asked what type of information field technicians wished they had access to while on the job, service manuals were at the top of their list.
With Resco Guides, all tribal knowledge, guides, and manuals are packed in a single app with easy access, anytime, anywhere….even when offline
- Guides: Step-by-step instructions that incorporate text, images, videos, and PDF files that are related to a specific record (for example, a piece of machinery).
- Guides editor: A web application accessible from the Resco Cloud landing page and Dynamics which allows you to create, edit, and publish guides.
- Feedback: App users have the option to rate the guides and provide feedback to the guide editors in the back office.
- Guides harvesting: App users can quickly collect simple guides from the field (take/upload photos and add comments) if they identify missing processes. Guide editors in the back office can then standardize the guides, add proper language and associations, and then publish them to make the information available to all users in the field.
- Increased customer & employee’s satisfaction
- Increased quality & safety
- Increased first-time resolutions
- Decreased overall time-to-resolution
- Decreased dispatches & costs
- Shortened workers’ learning curve
- Simplified processes & instructions
Preserve Tribal Knowledge
The aging workforce is a growing problem for contractors. Junior and seasonal employees need to be trained quickly and efficiently, and experienced workers need to capture their know-how and be retained through engagement and recognition. Ultimately, we need to shorten the learning curve and “do more with less”.
Providing comprehensive access to valuable know-how obtained in the field or outlined in company manuals and training materials is not only empowering to field service technicians, it also ensures an overall improved customer experience, standardized service, more first-time fixes, and an overall increase in productivity and drop in service costs.
Contact FIELDBOSS for more information on how RESCO GUIDES can improve your customer experience and your bottom line.