Today, most companies with mobile field technicians are using some type of field service management software. If the software is doing its job, your organization should be experiencing improvements in revenue generation, customer satisfaction, excellent first-time fix rates and high rates of technician utilization. If you are not realizing positive performance metrics, than it’s time to replace your field service software.
Unfortunately, many companies are caught in their operational trap; feeling that they’re too busy to make changes and now isn’t the right time to upgrade. They fear the change-induced disruption and extra work that any major software upgrade creates. They know they need to make changes not only for the health of their company, but for their own health as well. Every single day that decision makers put off upgrading their field service software, their business is missing out on growth and revenue opportunities.
Here are some tell-tale signs that now is the right time to make a change:
- Your current solution lacks flexibility and scalability
- Your software does not connect your office to the field
- Lack of visibility into field service operations is resulting in poor forecasting
- Field employees are driving to/from the office just to drop off or pick up paperwork
- Service-to-cash cycle is slow
- Information is being re-keyed into disconnected back-office systems
- Inefficient Maintenance Control Program
- Inventory is lost or being stock-piled in trucks
- Invoices/Work orders are getting lost, destroyed or are illegible
- Customer retention rate is low
- Call-to-service time is causing customers to wait too long
- Poor optimization in dispatch and scheduling, causing unnecessary truck rolls
- Low first-time fix rate
- Inflated timesheets/overtime
- Your current system is costly to operate and maintain
Each day that you delay is costing you money, and potentially putting you at a competitive disadvantage. Companies that have taken the time to upgrade their field service operations and connect the field with their back office have realized significant improvements in field efficiency. This has not only created a more satisfied workforce, but ultimately it has improved customer satisfaction, resulting in additional opportunities for growth and revenue. With a knowledgeable and experienced partner, the transition from paper to automation can be seamless.
FIELDBOSS Contractor Management software is an end-to-end solution built within Microsoft Dynamics 365. FIELDBOSS is a flexible and configurable platform that allows you to work the way you want to work, now and in the future. Our focus is to help you get the most out of your labour resources and deliver the information you and your staff need to run your business more efficiently, profitably, and with lower risk.
Contact us today for a free demo.