ElevatorU and Elevator World recently released a report entitled The United States Vertical Transportation Market: U.S. Statistics and Trends. This report outlines the growing and ever-changing elevator industry and the need for elevator contractors and service companies to keep up with the continuous growth.
Some highlights from the 38-page report include:
General Information & Trends
- There are over 1.1 million elevators in the U.S.
- Employment of elevator installers and repairers is projected to grow 13% from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
- In addition, the need to regularly maintain, update, and repair old equipment; provide access to the disabled; and install increasingly sophisticated equipment and controls will maintain demand for elevator installers and repairers.
- Increased spending on hotels, office buildings, data centers and warehouses related to e-commerce is helping support nonresidential job creation.
- The bigger issue for contractors is not excess labor, but difficulty locating appropriately skilled labor.
Integrated Mobile Technology and Information on Jobsites
- There is an increased use in mobile devices to file reports, share information and keep jobsites safe.
- Use of this technology reduces costs while improving the reliability of reports and jobsite documentation.
- Using custom applications on mobile devices provides instant answers to questions that would have previously slowed down a project with trips to the jobsite.
Safety & Education Remain the Top Priority
- Elevator workers/maintainers/installers consistently rank among the most dangerous jobs
- NEII holds regular field safety meetings
- Elevator construction projects will get safer as already well-established safety practices and technology are combined.
Click here to read the entire report.
With the elevator industry forecasting continued growth, the only way for your company to survive, stay safe and compliant, and thrive, is to use an elevator contractor management software. With over 100 specific elevator features, FIELDBOSS Lift is the easiest way to connect to your customers and their equipment, streamline complex operations, and empower your staff in the office and the field.
Contact FIELDBOSS for a free demo.
#ElevatorIndustryTrends #ElevatorMarket #elevatorsoftware #FIELDBOSSLIFT