Despite the fact we are a Microsoft Gold Partner, in our office, there are a mix of devices we use. Personally, I stick to the Microsoft devices because for me there is more efficiency and productivity when I go deeper on one platform. The phone I use right now is a Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows phone which I absolutely love. Here is why:
- I like the build quality and form factor better than any other phone.
- I set up my Windows phone to work the same way as my desktop and Surface tablet. The difference is noticeable, and it keeps my life simple.
- Nokia’s mapping and navigation apps are the best out there. I travel a lot and rely on them heavily.
- It has a 41 mega pixel camera, which cuts down the number of devices I use when travelling. And the photography apps are as good as the mapping and navigation apps. Plus the older I get, the more editing I do.
- I invested time to learn how to best use the Microsoft online services and tools, which are embedded into the phone, as well as Windows 8. For apps, I spend the most time in things like Bing News, Finance, Sports and Health apps. Health vault has actually saved me a trip to the doctor. I keep my phone clutter to a minimum, and the Windows app store has everything I need.
Here is a picture of my phone after I dropped it on a recent trip to Tokyo.
I probably dropped it 20 times before this happened. I was holding off getting the screen replaced because I want to upgrade to the Nokia Icon. It has the same specs but has a 5″ screen. Here in Canada, things take longer to show up at the cell phone carrier monopoly so I looks like I will have get it fixed before I upgrade.