A consistent theme amongst the FIELDBOSS client base during FIELDBOSS demos, onboarding sessions and account management reviews is the positive feedback on invoicing. FIELDBOSS is designed to assist in all the core invoicing methods we see our field service customers use today, such as billable service, quoted repair, maintenance contracts and large project invoicing. Our system is designed to help you excel in all invoicing efforts and also improve the experience for both your customers and your staff.
FIELDBOSS Invoicing Flexibility
Customer Billing Preferences
- The system flexibility allows you to set up invoicing preferences for each account which helps facilitate emailing, printing, or manual entry into a 3rd party software.
Unique Customer Pricing
- Each account can be set up with default labor pricing and mark ups based on your standard rates. These values automate during the mark up process eliminating the need for employees to memorize different customer rates.
- FIELDBOSS also has multiple invoice templates that are designed in Microsoft Word to customize the invoices your customers receive based on the type of work. It can automatically pull signatures gathered in the field, work details and other contract information when appropriate.
Periodic Maintenance Invoicing
- All maintenance contracts are set up with their unique invoicing requirements based on period, contract details, pricing, escalations, and line-item breakdown. These invoices queue up each period and can be reviewed, processed, and sent out to customers within minutes.
Marking Up Work Orders
- FIELDBOSS makes it easy to mark up work orders by automatically queuing the work orders that need to be reviewed for billing in real time, providing the reviewer all relevant information when determining a price. For example, a breakdown of labor, material, and expense information for the job, unique client rates, contract requirements and key client information, all at your fingertips.
Getting it Right the First Time
- By keeping track of all customers unique requirements you will never have to adjust an invoice for an incorrect rate, resend an invoice to a different contact or adjust the content of an invoice manually to meet their unique requirements.
Details and Turnaround Time
- With multiple invoice templates designed for different types of work, your client will receive their invoice with the details they need to approve the payment and in a timely manner. The faster an invoice is received from when the work is performed, the more likely it is to be paid without intervention.
With FIELDBOSS invoicing, customer details and billing information currently residing in people’s heads can be incorporated into the system significantly reducing errors and stress.
With the system taking the tedious manual work out of unique client invoicing requirements, invoicing staff can focus on department trends, reporting and improved customer service experience.
This short video provides a brief overview of the FIELDBOSS invoicing functionality including the creation of the invoice document, as well as the delivery of the invoice to the customer.