The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) announces its top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards each year.
OSHA publishes this list to educate employers about the most commonly cited standards so they can take necessary steps to find and fix recognized hazards before a violation occurs or someone is injured.
The Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for FY 2022 were:
1. Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,260 violations
2. Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 2,424
3. Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,185
4. Ladders (1926.1053): 2,143
5. Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,058
6. Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,977
7. Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,749
8. Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,556
9. Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,401
10. Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,370
As a field service company owner or technician, it's essential to prioritize safety in your daily operations to avoid costly and life-threatening accidents on the job. Hazards can be found in the most unsuspecting locations, and technicians need to not only adhere to industry best practices but also stay vigilant for common risks. That’s why FIELDBOSS built the Health and Safety Checklist feature into Service Activities, offering you and your technicians another safety tool!
Watch this short video on FIELDBOSS health and safety checklists.
FIELDBOSS helps contractors proactively manage health and safety violations by providing tools and visibility to identify and address safety hazards before they become serious violations. With FIELDBOSS, contractors can minimize health and safety risks, reduce costs associated with compliance, and ensure that their employees are working in a safe and healthy environment.
Learn more about how FIELDBOSS can improve technician safety with Health & Safety Checklists here.
If you have any questions about Health and Safety Checklists in FIELDBOSS or would like to see its full capabilities in a live demo with one of our experts, please contact us or schedule a personalized demo.